"The first time her laughter unfurled its wings in the wind, we knew that the world would never be the same"
- Brian Andreas
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
reading response
my reading response is to Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
I really am loving this book so far because it ist as depressing as it is smart. The main character mini is really smart and really a good person and she has affected my feelings about other people almost, but deffanitely about Ed.
I relate really strongly to a character in Why We Broke up but it isn't the main charcters its Minis best friend Al. Al is the type of person that is always there for his friends and he knows when to back away and when to really step in and be a good friend. Al understands people and he understands Mini and the choices shes made and accepts them and thats why i reate to him.
i think that during the book i was noticing more and more that i related to Al because i was saying "oh i do that" sometimes. i think that both the main characters Mini and Ed are people that i see myself reflected as in some moments but i couldn't compare myself to them on a level that I can with Al.
While the entire book was about Mini and Eds love and how it broke, i love a lot of the side stories involving Al and the beginning of the book which is all about Al. I think that its really different that i didnt connect to the main characters because authors write books so that you do connect to the main character. books are written to be connected to and re read and charished and passed down which is why i think that you're supposed to connect to the main character.
Why We Broke Up was a really good book but it wasnt "memorable" it wasnt something i wanted to respond to because I think that if i responded to it it wouldn't be a good response and I would stop liking the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment